If you want to travel the world a Yellow Fever Certificate is compulsory for some countries. You really need to get one before you head off on your jaunts around the globe. You'll be asked for this certificate at some airports and land border crossings so take no risks. Get a yellow fever certificate before you leave to travel the world.
Head to your local travel doctor to find out exactly what injections you need before setting off on your journeys. They will know exactly what is needed based on the countries you will visit. Here are the important things you will need to be aware of for getting your Yellow Fever injection:
1. Countries will ask to see evidence of it at borders, both land and air. It's better to be prepared for it and have your certificate ready. Why risk getting refused entry to a country?
2. Your will have to pay around $50 - $60 Dollars for your Yellow Fever Vaccination.
3. Trust travel Doctors - when I'm heading to a new country and I am not sure if I am covered or not, I go to the doctor and don't think twice about paying for the injections. This is my style and you don't have to follow it - but generally I don't take any risks with it. The reason I trust them is it's their job. If someone asks me something as a travel writer, I expect them to trust me as it's my job. I ought to know about it, and a doctor should know about vaccinations for different countries. You can do what research you want online, BUT I don't generally trust it - I go to a doctor. The information sections in Lonely Planet books are also useful.
4. Ensure your Yellow Certificate is valid. It needs to have a stamp and a doctor's signature on it.
5. You can only get your Yellow Fever Certificate from a recognised Yellow Fever Vaccine Centre.
7. It's important to take your Yellow Fever certificate with you everywhere you go - you can never be sure which countries will ask for it.
7. It should be valid for 10 years.
This is a very serious subject and therefore it's important to check with your travel doctor and take his advice on it.
ALWAYS check with and ask your local travel doctor what medication and injections you need for certain countries. NEVER trust websites or fellow travellers. Basically just get the jabs to be safe.
As a global nomad it's important to embrace the cultures and places you go and part of this journey is staying safe and healthy on your travels.
What exactly is Yellow Fever? - It's a dangerous disease that you don't want with symptoms including vomiting and muscle pain.
How does Yellow Fever spread? Similarly to most diseases it is through the bite from a mosquito. Take all precautions.
What countries are affected by Yellow Fever? Most of Africa and parts of South America and Asia.
What price is a Yellow Fever Vaccination? It depends where you are but imagine that it should be between $40 and $90 depending on where you are. Safe travels!
Head to your local travel doctor to find out exactly what injections you need before setting off on your journeys. They will know exactly what is needed based on the countries you will visit. Here are the important things you will need to be aware of for getting your Yellow Fever injection:
1. Countries will ask to see evidence of it at borders, both land and air. It's better to be prepared for it and have your certificate ready. Why risk getting refused entry to a country?
2. Your will have to pay around $50 - $60 Dollars for your Yellow Fever Vaccination.
3. Trust travel Doctors - when I'm heading to a new country and I am not sure if I am covered or not, I go to the doctor and don't think twice about paying for the injections. This is my style and you don't have to follow it - but generally I don't take any risks with it. The reason I trust them is it's their job. If someone asks me something as a travel writer, I expect them to trust me as it's my job. I ought to know about it, and a doctor should know about vaccinations for different countries. You can do what research you want online, BUT I don't generally trust it - I go to a doctor. The information sections in Lonely Planet books are also useful.
4. Ensure your Yellow Certificate is valid. It needs to have a stamp and a doctor's signature on it.
5. You can only get your Yellow Fever Certificate from a recognised Yellow Fever Vaccine Centre.
7. It's important to take your Yellow Fever certificate with you everywhere you go - you can never be sure which countries will ask for it.
7. It should be valid for 10 years.
This is a very serious subject and therefore it's important to check with your travel doctor and take his advice on it.
ALWAYS check with and ask your local travel doctor what medication and injections you need for certain countries. NEVER trust websites or fellow travellers. Basically just get the jabs to be safe.
As a global nomad it's important to embrace the cultures and places you go and part of this journey is staying safe and healthy on your travels.
What exactly is Yellow Fever? - It's a dangerous disease that you don't want with symptoms including vomiting and muscle pain.
How does Yellow Fever spread? Similarly to most diseases it is through the bite from a mosquito. Take all precautions.
What countries are affected by Yellow Fever? Most of Africa and parts of South America and Asia.
What price is a Yellow Fever Vaccination? It depends where you are but imagine that it should be between $40 and $90 depending on where you are. Safe travels!
About the Author:
For further wacky off the wall stuff from Jonny Blair head to his Business backpacking website for endless backpacking and business tips.
No comments:
Post a Comment